Monday, August 11, 2008

Thrills...

Some people have expressed to me that I must be crazy, getting a tattoo, giving away a kidney, and the latest, jumping from an airplane at 12,500 feet. My friend Ali, said, 'I'm not even going to try to stop you, because the more I do, the more determined you are to do it...' Ditto with the husband. He thinks I am going through a midlife crisis...HA! Here is my explanation: The pain of losing Maddux, has never eased. I have just become a stronger person to carry that pain. I am an incredibly strong person. I do not fear death. Death will come to every one of us. There is nothing you can do to stop it. I have a strong faith. I know what I know. I also know that when I die, I will meet my Maker and be reunited with my son. How bad could that be? I want to live life to the fullest, and I want my kids to do the same. I hope one day, they jump out of an airplane. I would even jump with them. Maybe for their 18th birthdays, that will be my personal gift to them. A one way plane ticket...

So, what is the point to my story? I have experienced a great loss. I have been thrown into a bottomless pit. I am not just happy trying to climb out inch by inch. On the days when it seems like I am at the top of the pit, I want to feel alive! I want to feel something more, than knowing, tomorrow I could be back at the bottom again. I want to experience things, I would have never thought to experience. Make sense? And I so appreciate those that are standing beside me, on this journey. Even if I make you shake your head in disbelief.

Now, How do I get Ali and Mike to make the jump with me again?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Beautifully said hon. I'd jump out of a plane with you.... and I'm afraid of the thoughts of that! lol