Sunday, August 10, 2008

Been there, done that...What's next?

Ok, when I turned 40 last September, I said to Sam, "hey wanna go skydiving with me?" Never really thinking that she would say yes...Not even really thinking she would take me seriously...! Well 11 months later, we were still trying to get together to do this. (I really thought she had forgotten) Well, while in her office, for a meeting one day, she said to me..."Hey, what are your plans this weekend?" I said, "Not much, how about you?" She said "Oh, you and I are skydiving, and I am not taking NO for an answer..." I thought, 'Damn, She got me.' Tricky, Sneaky little lady...
Well, here we are:
OMG...What am I thinking?
Upside down in the clouds..
Wow!
NO! My hands were not covering my eyes...
There's a smile...
Look how far down that looks...

And NO, I did not scream!
Still having fun...

My landing...
Sam and I...Victorious!!!

I did it! I jumped from a plane at 12,500 feet. We fell for 46 seconds at 123 miles per hour. Then gently glided down to earth for 4 minutes. What a thrill! If you ever heard me tell you the story about scuba diving in the Bahamas and the quick lesson I got in the bottom of the pool?...My lesson with skydiving, well, I don't even think I could call it a lesson. Unless, "Are you Cheryl? My name is Nick...Let's go!" was it. Seriously though, for as short as it was, I never had any hesitation. How can you really hesitate when you are strapped to the chest of some guy? Anyway...What a thrill! Incredible! What could possibly top that? Oh, yeah, I know...Learning how to jump solo...I am going to send my poor husband to the loony bin...
This is the link to Sam's Youtube skydiving video...
(I can't figure out how to get mine to load...)

2 comments:

Jen said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! I'm so glad ya'll did it!!! I'm even more happy that you were both able to do it together. :) How special is that!! Big hugs to you both!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! How fun are these photos!!