Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mourning Gorilla holds on to body of her baby...




AP Photo/Frank Augstein

click above for story

So, what do we feel here? The WHOLE of Germany is mourning the loss of this baby. But yet, how many human babies have died in Germany in the past 4 days? How many of those babies will be mourned by the whole of Germany? How many of those babies will even be given a second thought by a stranger? Care to know my honest feelings? I am a human mother that has lost a child, and even though I can't feel what this gorilla mother is feeling, I can only imagine her pain and grief. I am sure that it is real. This is the world we live in...

6 comments:

Lissa Lane said...

This imo should be a proof to what we go through as human mothers!!! Notice no one is freaked out that this poor mama is clinging to her poor dead baby. Yet we're called 'sick' to take photos of ours. Very sad.

Even though she is an animal I'm going to pray for her. That photo just tugged my heartstrings

Lissa Lane said...

Also don't be offended if I post this on my blog also :)

Cheryl Haggard said...

Offended, never! I have received so much inspiration by reading others blogs. Use anything you like, and alter it anyway you choose. Make it your own.

To the photos...I agree with you. The world we live in today...some of it is wonderful, and then there are times that I am so ashamed of the human race.

But, times are changing. Let's be thankful for that...

Nice talking with you Lissa...Hope you are doing well...

Linda said...

Amazing and I bet the people who have looked at my CRAZY over the past two years like "get over it already" are the same people who would see this picture and say "oh how sad!" Shame on them, so quick to feel the pain of an animal but not feel my pain or even want to try to "see" it through my eyes. All I can say is I wish they saw me like that, then maybe then they would get it! Sheer and utter pain for the world to see...there's no confussion or misunderstanding.

Linda said...

I posted this on my blog too...

http://wielerdavis.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

This is definitely a powerful entry that everyone should read about. Thank you for sharing this with us. I hope to post this in my upcoming blog as well.