Thursday, August 7, 2008

Meeting Baby Mason

Nat and Mason
Anna and Mason
Elijah, Anna, Mason and Nat.

It was so nice to meet baby Mason for the first time a few weeks ago. We had our monthly angel play date with some other moms. I knew this moment, not day, would be hard. Anna, Nat and I raced to the bathroom to wash our hands before holding him. I beat them both!!! Truth be told, I cried when I first held him. It was bittersweet. I smelled his little head, kissed his tiny ear. He was a few months old, now, and was a big baby. Of course, I can't really remember how big my kids were when they were that age. I'm sure Chase was close...
I am so happy for Linda, her husband Kirk and big brother Elijah. I'm sure that angel brother Ethan is looking down with a big smile on his face. Welcome little Mason...

2 comments:

The Asquad said...

What a special day with Linda! I haven't spoken with her for quite some time but we were ttc at the same time. I'm so happy that Baby Mason is here and healthy!! Elijah has beautiful eyes!!
Please tell her I say, "Hi!"

I remember the first babe I held, too. It was also another mother who had previously lost a baby boy. I remember wanting to just be alone with him.

That was a big step for you, Miss Cheryl. PROUD OF YOU!!
(((HUGS!!!)))

Jen said...

I'm so glad to hear it went wonderfully. :) You sure made this special event with a special family. :)