Saturday, September 6, 2008

Turning 41...

Anna, Nat and Chase
Me and my girls...
The Great Wall of Chocolate...
The destruction of the Great wall of Chocolate...
Chase (yes he needs another haircut...) Me, Baxter, Nat, Anna and my beautiful Jeter dog...

What an incredible day I had...I was able to spend this day with my beautiful children, Chase, Anna and Natalie. Maddux was very close to my heart today, thinking about the 'should have beens.' Of course, he should have been in the middle of it all. Daddy is traveling in Canada still, but he and I had our own little celebration last weekend...



The day started with me being able to sleep in until 10am. Not one child woke me up...of course, we were all sleeping, but still amazing...As soon as Chase said good morning to me, he said "So how does it feel to be one more year closer to death?" I swear that kid is so witty. He makes me laugh...The kids then helped with picking up the house. The girls and I were planning on a manicure, and when we got there, they decided they didn't want one, and let me enjoy one on my own. Then, we went to Bel mar Plaza and enjoyed an early dinner at PF Chang's, one of my favorite restaurants. Chase had the Orange Chicken, Anna had the NY Strip Steak and I had the Sea Bass...Nat got the extra plate, and enjoyed the best of all three worlds. Then, yes, the Great Wall of Chocolate. Yum! The evening was topped off with a movie, The Dark Knight...Of course Chase had already seen this movie twice, but us girls hadn't and he was more that willing to sit through it again. (tops his favorites this summer.) Then home. Oh, don't tell anyone, but Chase even held my hand in the movie, for 5 minutes, but hey...those were 5 BEAUTIFUL minutes...Now off to bed.


So, how do I feel, one more year closer to death? I am enjoying growing older. I truly am. I enjoy watching my children grow older. I enjoy watching them become who they are becoming. I so enjoy being their mom. Their friend. I have such a different relationship with each one of them. Of course, they are all different ages, different personalities. My relationship with Chase has really blossomed into a friendship. He is starting to learn how to drive. He is always asking me to let him drive on the side roads. And I let him. We are still in the beginning stages of this driving thing, but the excitement in his eyes, is awesome! He is not your typical teenage boy. He is so much more incredible! Do I still want to choke the life out of him sometimes, yes. ~ Anna, is starting to mature. I am amazed at our conversations. How she confides in me, how she shares herself with me. Does she have an attitude at times? Yep, we renamed it an ANNATUDE. Natalie...(NATITUDE) well I am still her 'mommy.' She always has to be near me...but she is also such an independent little girl.

4 comments:

boltefamily said...

Happy Birthday!

Something Beautiful said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had such a nice day.
mar

Linda said...

Sounds like the perfect day! I love PF Chang's yum!

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,

Happy Belated 41st Birthday! I think about you more than you'll ever know and I'm thankful for the opportunity to read about you and your family.

What a wonderful way to spend your birthday!

Your friend always, Kathy