Tuesday, June 2, 2009

An image of my grief...

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love. --Washington Irving

Part of every misery is, so to speak, the misery's shadow or reflection: the fact that you don't merely suffer 
but have to keep on thinking about the fact that you suffer. I not only live each endless day in grief, 
but live each day thinking about living each day in grief. --C.S. Lewis


I came across this drawing recently, and it just simply fascinates me...
I have held onto it for awhile, not sure that I wanted to share it...
I can't describe it to you in just words...
This drawing that I see, is me...
My eyes see a beautiful, peaceful image very top, of Maddux and myself...
And in my heart, this is a drawing of the grief I carry inside of me every day...
To me, the drawing is still beautiful, maybe not peaceful, but so powerful...

2 comments:

Linda said...

So very powerful and REAL! Blessing C, you and Maddux are always in my heart!

Laura - Ex. Dir. said...

That's a wonderful drawing and the picture of you and Maddux will always be in my mind when I think of you and all you have achieved in honor of your son. You are an amazing person Cheryl!