Wednesday, April 16, 2008

To my dear friend L...

“A person's a person, no matter how small.” -Dr. Seuss

I wanted to talk to my friend L about the loss of her baby E. E was born still at 22 weeks gestation. Is the loss of her son, any different than the loss of my son. To me, no. To others, yes. Why is this?

When I recently saw the movie, Horton Hears A Who, I got goosebumps when this quote was spoken. 'A person's a person, no matter how small.' How true. Poor Horton carried around this little clover, full of live. Nobody believed him, because nobody could see them.This is no different for L. Her son was born still, BUT still born. He lived inside of her. But because he was small, nobody sees him, nobody believes in him? Horton fought for this little clover with the speck. L fights those who dismiss her son.
L fights for her right to be called a mother to her son. Think about what you say next time to a woman, who loses a child at an earlier gestation. Think about her loss. The loss of her child. The loss of her hopes and dreams for her child. The loss of her future.


"There is no foot too small, that it cannot leave an imprint on this world..."
In honor and memory of baby E...

No comments: