Thursday, April 3, 2008

15 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Today, Michael and I celebrate 15 years of marriage. I'm not sure if using the word celebrate is the correct word to use. We have definitely had our ups and downs. We have experienced the miraculous birth of four beautiful children. We have experienced together, the death of a child. Our finances can be high one year, and lower the next year. Marriage is stressful. Life is stressful. Raising a family is stressful. But here we are. Still doing it. And I think we do it well. I have found my soulmate. A person I look forward to growing old with...Did I say looking forward to growin old with? I should have said, a person that I AM growing old with...LOL!!! Gray hair, wrinkles and all...Do we have our differences? Yep! Are we on the same page all the time? Nope! Mike might skip ahead to the next chapter, with out reading the rest of the last chapter. But at least we are reading the same book...Marriage is not something to be taken lightly. Marriage is a lifelong commitment made by two people who truly love eachother and want to build a life together, forever. Too many people marry this day and age, with the idea, that there is always an out, if it doesn't work out. Marriage takes alot of work...hard work. But it is definitely worth it. True love is neither physical, nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be. The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

There is a song on my blog at the bottom of this page...By Michelle Featherstone, titled Man and Wife. Listen to it. You will love it...

I would like to share some of my favorite quotes today:

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, So I never have to live without you.~Winnie the Pooh

It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got. ~Sheryl Crow

Get Married. Stay Married. What a concept.

Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you.~Robert Fulghum

Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring and integrity, they think of you. ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr

They say it takes a village to raise a child. That may be the case, but the truth is that it takes a lot of solid, stable marriages to create a village. ~Diane Sollee

If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, it's because they take better care of it. ~Cecil Selig

"My wife tells me that if I ever decide to leave, she is coming with me." ~Jon Bon Jovi

"Remember, you married her, you didn't hire her!" ~Dr Phil

No comments: