Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The TODAY SHOW and NILMDTS

Of course aired while I was on an airplane to Orlando with my children. I only got to watch this yesterday for the first time, and I want to share it with you, if you haven't already seen it. It is a beautiful piece that follows a photographer from MN with a family requesting NILMDTS services. I have always said, that this is what NILMDTS is all about. Not Maddux, myself or Sandy...But about the other photographers and their families.

The Today Show ran an extraordinary piece on the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep Foundation on March 5, 2008. The segment journals the relationship between Olivia Lundberg and her family and NILMDTS photographer Jessica Person of the Twin Cities Area, Minnesota. This story is the perfect representation of what we do here at NILMDTS and why our mission is so important in the communities we serve. All life deserves to be honored no matter how short its time on Earth and that is exactly what all of our phenomenal volunteer photographers are doing each time they help a family in need.

2 comments:

Kari said...

A friend, who is also my photography assistant, told me about the day she saw NILMDTS on the Today Show. Said she was bawling. I just got to see it for the first time, and bawled myself, with my husband by my side. He then went and got our youngest, who is eighteen months old, and let me hold him and weep over the joy that he is to our family.

I went to your website, but couldn't pull much up. I would like to know how to get involved. I am a part-time photographer, and a full-time mother of three. Thank you for any help.

In Christ, Kari McGrath

Cheryl Haggard said...

Kari,
Please visit here:
http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/pageDisplay.php?page=65

to start the process of becoming an affiliate photographer.
Many Blessings to you.
Cheryl Haggard