Monday, July 30, 2007

Visit with my friend Mary from KC




My friend Mary and her son, Tyler, made an unexpected visit to our home in Colorado this past week. Since we all loved white water rafting, I suggested another trip. This time we hit Clear Creek Rafting Co. in Idaho Springs, and rafted on Clear Creek...This trip was totally different that the Arkansas River. We had to wear helmets, because of the shallow water and the rocks, and it was about 60degrees outside, with a water temp of about 45...I am so glad the girls and I wore a waterproof jacket...Chase wishes he had also. We all had a blast! We got stuck in this little (I have no idea what you call it) suction 'surf'. Water was pouring into our boat, and we couldn't get out of it...I thought Anna and Natalie were going to 'flip' out. Luckily our guide, got us out of the suction, and we went merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily life is but a dream...

No comments: