Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Welcome to this world, baby Mason...

One of my post grief friends, Linda, just safely delivered her third son, Mason. Mason has two older brothers, Elijah and angel Ethan. Linda sent me this beautiful image of Mason, and a letter that has touched my heart. I asked her if I could share them both with you.
Linda and Kirk,
I wish you a lifetime of happiness.
Congratulations.
Is he not just the cutest?
On a side note: Since Maddux died, it has been very hard for me to be joyous about the birth of a child. My grief is still so deep over the loss of Maddux. You might think that selfish of me, but truly it is not. Those are just my honest feelings. If you are a bereaved parent, you might know what I am talking about. With the birth of Mason, this is really the first time I have felt a true peace and happiness. I wish the Davis Family, nothing but joy and happiness for their future. I look forward to meeting this little guy next weekend...

1 comment:

Cheryl Haggard said...

WANTED TO POST THIS MESSAGE FROM LINDA:

Oh Cheryl,

Nothing but tears!

I so know that feeling of pain when another person has their child and it is not selfish at all and you and I know that far to well.

I am so blessed to have you as my friend! You are truly amazing! Thank you for sharing your feelings about the photo and letter to you and Maddux ~ I truly believe God has a special place for you in heaven.

I once was asked when I get to heaven what I want my "job" to be? Do we have jobs I first thought? But then I said, I want to be the door mat! Huh, my friend said. Yes the door mat!!! I want to look up second by second and see the truth and joy in each persons face as they enter His Kingdom. Cheryl, if I made it there before you, you are one person I would want to see when you met our Father and held your son for the first time in Heaven. All the pain and sorrow you have carried and will continue to carry will last this lifetime through and to see it gone from your eyes would be the best gift God could give me.

Blessings to you today!
Linda