Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dear Laurie,

Dear Laurie,

One year ago today, you and I came together. A gift was given. Not from me, but from you. I can't begin to tell you how you and our situation has changed my life. I have been given few gifts in my life, the gift of Love and Faithfulness from my husband, the gift of hearing Chase, Anna and Natalie call me Mommy for the first time, the gift of Faith and the promise of Eternity from Maddux, the gift of Remembrance from Sam, the gift of Unconditional Friendship from Wendy, and from you, the gift of Life...Not just for ourselves, but for those around us. I can't tell you how many times before 'our day' I had looked up to the sky and said "Ok God, I'm ready...Take me NOW!" [you know what I am talking about...] But, really, I'm not ready. My family is not ready...I am needed, just like you are needed. It is a beautiful feeling...We still have so much to give...
Thank you,
Much Love,
Cheryl

No comments: