Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Stuff Christians Like

Today I just sat down at my computer, and my heart was heavy longing to have a little 4 year old boy running around my feet. Oh, how different my life would be...in so many ways! During times like this, it never fails that I receive a message from somebody, telling me about how their life was changed because of Maddux. I just wanted to share this message I received from Wendy Maybury today.


"Okay Cheryl, you have to hang with me for a second, because this is a little long...

Yesterday my friend Jon Acuff (he lives next door to my Mom and Dad) funded a $30,000 kindergarten in Vietnam in 18 hours.

He has a website with a lot of visitors.. (it's kind of a big deal..) www.firstgiving.com/SCL

He was inspired to do this because I built a well this year in Africa.

I did this because I wanted to do something proactive to help children, (and 4,500 kids die ever day from dirty water...)

I wanted to help children because of volunteering with nilmdts... it was leaving me a lot heartbroken because I couldn't do anything to save the babies I was photographing...

I volunteered with nilmdts because it existed only because of one little guy, Maddux.

So because of him, the whole nilmdts amazing work happened, 250 in Africa will have clean water when the well is finished, 260 kids got a school yesterday and now he's working on a second school today. (another 250 kids.)

I am so awestruck with the way that good moves... like ripples from a stone thrown in a pond.

I know you would rather hold Maddux and watch him grow. I thought you would be proud to hear of more good in the world he inspired."

Warmly,

Wendy

Thanks for letting me share another part of my son with you....Cheryl

No comments: