Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Photographs that...

I am going to do something a little different.  My memories are filled with images.  Images that have special meaning to me.  (If you know me, you don't have to guess at one of my favorites...) I want to share with you some others that have had an impact on my life.  I want you to do it too, and I want you to share your blog address in the comments.  It will be really interesting to see the images that have had an impact on your lives also... I have added the link to my side bar so it will be easier to find, instead of scrolling through the posts...

Awe Me:  This was taken by Lennart Nilsson.  I remember when I first found out I was pregnant with Chase, I was at a book store, buying What To Expect...and I came across the book A Child Is Born.  I was in such awe...still am, at the images he captured. I still have this book, and wore it out with each child, just trying to imagine what they looked like.  If you have never seen it, check it out!

2 comments:

Linda said...

http://joyhopepeace.blogspot.com/2009/07/dead-soldiers-returning-from-iraq.html

Here's one that will always HURT me!

Anonymous said...

I had googled "can you really die from a broken heart" and came upon your blog. My son passed away on June 28, 2009 - six days after his 14th birthday. I just wanted you to know that all of the things you wrote...I have felt the same way. You have a lovely way of writing and I want you to know that it has touched me. I, too am trying to figure out what the "new normal" is and truthfully don't know if I will ever get there.